Monday, December 15, 2008

Blazers, Blizzard and a Beagle

Friday night I went to the Blazers game in my boss's AMAZING seats. I fell back in love with Rudy Fernandez all over again, and I'm now counting down the days until the Mavs come (he let me have those tickets!)
A few pictures...and a video (lots of "woo-ing")





On the drive home (it was late, the game went into double overtime), I drove through some serious snowfall, and I really hoped it was headed to Eugene for the weekend. After a weekend of lounging around reading, baking pumpkin muffins, mopping, and going to the library, I decided we would not be getting snow as promised. I had really been looking forward to going to Mt. Pisgah for a snowy hike.

However, when I woke up on Monday I received a call from my boss saying it was ok to come in a bit late because of the snow. I eagerly peeked out the window and saw nothing but white frozen-ness. I normally hate snow. It's cold, it's wet, it gets in the way of enjoying life in general. But I take great joy out of seeing my dog romp around in the snow. The drive to work was less than pleasant. I took my camera in hopes of capturing Oregon beauty in snow, but I was too busy fishtailing all over the place. Then I forgot to take my camera into my office for some pictures from the porch. Ah well, here is what I have:

the park on my block

luna in a sweater in the snow

my side yard


0 comments: