Sunday, May 3, 2009

aw, shucks

This past Friday Thao and the Get Down Stay Down played at a really great venue (Mississippi Studios). The show opener was Sister Suvi, which was a surprising trio of different vocals. I gotta say...I really liked them. I have loved Thao's music for awhile now, and I was really looking forward to the show. The performance was GREAT. There is something almost magical about hearing music you have long loved being played live. However, her ability to banter comfortably and genuinely with the crowd is not so great. That didn't really interfere with my ability to rock out and enjoy the music, but if I have to give my honest opinion of the live concert, that has to play a role. I got the "too cool for school" vibe from her.

The next day I finally went to VooDoo donut and had the maple bacon bar. It was an odd combination of sweet and salty, and one is certainly enough. Then I went to IKEA, where I spent a little bit too much money and got some domestically exciting things. After that I met up with some friends, and we ate a positively delicious lunch at a really cute vegetarian place called "Blue Moose Cafe" in the Cully neighborhood. BEST vegetable soup I've ever had.

Today I watched a devastating loss by the Mavs against the Nuggets while I assembled my new chest of drawers. I don't care to elaborate on that.

This week: KIM COMES TO VISIT!!

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

Zack & I saw VooDoo donut last night of D3's best of! Was it as tasty as it sounded/looked?