Monday, June 15, 2009

manifest destiny

While I abhor the idea of the American "manifest destiny," wherein the US was divinely ordained to annex all North American lands, I like the idea of manifesting your own destiny.

Right now I am jamming to the song "I Gotta Feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas, and I like the general idea of the lyrics "I gotta feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night."

Yes, sometimes things happen that can bring things in your life down, and certainly we don't anticipate all the curve balls that come our way. But we can choose how to swing at those curve balls, and good form and strength can equal a homerun (laaammme baseball reference!).

One of my favorite television characters, George Costanza, decides one day to do the EXACT OPPOSITE of his normal actions. It works for him. I encourage you to approach a situation differently than you might on a normal day. You might be surprised how it works out for you.

0 comments: