Friday, July 10, 2009

Getting married soon?

I'm at the age where it seems like everyone and their grandma is getting married. I'm okay with that! I LOVE weddings (especially the ones with open bars and plenty of single guys). A good friend of mine is getting married this summer, and she had a creative idea for the wedding favors. She has made drink coasters with the Chinese symbol for love on them. It's very "her," and goes well with the Chinese theme of the wedding.

However, today, as I was making a memorial gift online at http://www.aspca.org/, I noticed the option for "Wedding Favors" on the donation page. Curious, I clicked on it not sure what to expect. Apparently, you can make a blanket donation to the ASPCA, and they will send you notecards for you to place on your guests' chairs, chapel pews, or in the wedding program. What a GREAT IDEA! I think this is the best idea I've heard all year. Wedding favors are expensive, and if you have a couple hundred guests, the cost can add up! Why not just save yourself the trouble, and SAVE animals while you're at it?

So I guess I can add this to my list of reasons why I want to get married and have a wedding (the list currently contains: honeymoon, party, a chance to force people to listen to a music playlist I've created without interruption, and of course the promise of eternal damnation love).


0 comments: