Thursday, July 31, 2008

Another Reason to Love Oregon...

Hand-picked blackberries for my afternoon snack. It was about that time of day where doing anything BUT falling asleep seems impossible. So I definitely needed to get up and move around, and an afternoon snack didn't sound too bad either.

So I went out to the river that runs alongside my office building (the Willamette River), and picked some blackberries for the eatin'. They were so delicious.

Last night I ate a couple of crabapples from a tree in my backyard. I plan to make a pie to take to a friend's dinner party tonight.

Kinda brings a whole new meaning to the word "organic."

2 comments:

Diane said...

have attempted to leave two comments on plating for one----but they don't show up there and when i click on publish your comment, it disappears?????

Ann Harrison said...

Hi Brooke,
It's Ruth's blog/penpal/friend up here in Portland and I'm being a horrible hostess!
I'm so sorry.
There a band doing really well in town. "The Dimes". Check them out http://www.myspace.com/thedimes
I hope you enjoy!