Friday, July 25, 2008

Texas

I'm back in Texas for the weekend to celebrate my cousin's marriage and my sister's and Abbie's birthdays. I flew pretty much the WHOLE day today, waking up at 5 am (Pacific) and then driving up to Portland and flying to Albuquerque then Dallas. The whole flight process in and of itself deserves a novel to describe the experience.

Once I arrived we met up with my dad's oldest niece and her husband, my sister and Chad and CALLIE to eat a Babe's. I definitely got my fried food fix, and don't think I'll be frying anything for a LONG time.

I was so happy to see Katy and Lexie when we got home!! Both went kind of nuts. It's strange being back home....but nice.

Tomorrow the wedding is at 11 am, then after the reception I head over to Abbie's for a day of relaxation, chatting and margaritas topped off with a fun birthday night for her. I leave Monday, and although it seems like there's so much to do between now and then, I know the time will come all too soon.

PS: Parking is a huge pain in the ass at the Portland air port!!

0 comments: