Sunday, January 25, 2009

entropy

I took a nap too late today. My energy is probably still zapped from staying up all night Friday, so I could read Eclipse.

I really love the Twilight series. I'm glad I'm not the only intelligent woman who loves it.

It's been a good couple of weeks. Some good game nights, good movies, some nice weather and hiking, and enjoying the company of good people.

I've been reading a lot lately. I bought The Diplomat's Wife at Borders. That book really sucks. I wonder what the return policy is at Borders. I very rarely return items, but then I very rarely buy full-priced books.

I saw Revolutionary Road today. It was of one the scariest movies I've ever seen. No, it's not a horror film. The scary part is that it's real.

I went to the Eugene Home Show this weekend. I heard an interesting speech about Oregon's natural disasters. Apparently a major earthquake will happen relatively soon, causing us to shift 30 ft west. Relatively soon being within the next 200 years, but it could happen today. I also got a Lemon Ginger Yogi Tea sample at the home show. I bought another book. But I'm pretty sure I'll like this one; it's called Cabin Fever.

I'm really looking forward to summer. Now that I know all the opportunities available to me, I will seize it fully. 4th of July at Crater Lake, Sarah visiting, potential trips to Minnesota and DFW, the purchase of a propane grill and gardening are just a few of the things I'm excited about.

But first, I need to clean out my car. I'm missing a lot of things. I have a feeling they're in there somewhere.

This year is Oregon's 150th year of statehood. Apparently for the centennial celebration, all the men grew beards. This is something I wholeheartedly support. I love beards.

0 comments: