Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Resolutions and a Horrifying Moment

I have three resolutions for this year:

1. Be on time. Pretty much ANYONE who has done ANYTHING with me knows that I'm late all the time and everywhere I go. I have always attributed this to my dyscalculia, but there's a time when the crutch becomes the disabilty. I also try to say that I'm "living in the now" and enjoying my moments, like five minutes of belly scratching with Luna when I SHOULD be getting ready for something. But, it's time to kiss that delusion goodbye. Sorry Luna.

2. Go to church. Pick your jaw up off the ground. The last time I went to church was with Dad, and I'm sure going again will remind me of him. But I won't be going to a Presbyterian church. I'm going to the Unitarian church, which is far better suited to my system of beliefs. Though, I will miss the hymns.

3. I actually just went blank on what the 3rd one was going to be. But I like the idea of eating a piece of fruit a day. By "piece" I don't mean a cube of pineapple. I mean like..a decent amount. Everyday. The market by my house will help fulfill this mission.
**EDIT: 4. My original third resolution was to keep my desk at work organized.

Now for the horrifying moment. With Christmas passing and my birthday coming up, I decided to make an Amazon Wish List. Partially for me to keep track of things I want (despite my whole...zen attempt to be free of material things), and also so my friends and family can purchase something they know I will like. Even if it's not EXACTLY what's on the list, they'll have a good idea of what I need/want. I have everything from biodegradable dogpoop sacks to a morrocan lantern for my room on that list.

For a long time I have been wanting a magazine subscription, and you can purchase those on Amazon. Well, I hate most magazines. They're SO mainstream and SO full of advertisements, I just don't enjoy them. But lately I am finding myself to be more mainstream and like most people. I greet this realization with shock, dismay, ease and general "okay with that" feelings. It probably has a lot to do with the fact that I'm surrounded by Oregon people rather than Dallas people. I would probably not feel this way if I was in Dallas.

But today, to my utmost horror I slowly, unconsciously moved my cursor and clicked on "Add to Wish List." What did I add? A subscription to O, Oprah's magazine. Probably the MOST mainstream magazine out there. Don't ask, I don't know.

oh. Click here for the wish list. :-)

0 comments: