Friday, May 30, 2008

Traveling - Day 1

Today started yesterday when I woke up for work. I packed and cleaned all night last night, and we finally left around 8 am this morning. With the car all packed up and Luna nestled in right behind the front seats, we were off. Since I hadn't slept all night, Mom drove for the first several hours while I rested. We switched back and forth several times throughout the day, as we had to stop for Luna to pee, drink water and walk around. I'm pretty exhausted, so this post is going to be short. New Mexico is pretty, and I love that the speed limit is 75 mph. The "Made My Day" award goes to El Pinto, a spectacular restaurant here in Albuquerque. I got my sopapillas! Honorable Mention is extended to David Sedaris for his Live at Carnegie Hall CD. My mother and I both loved it.

Here are several pictures from today's adventure.







Luna seeks, to no avail, a place to pee in the rocky, pebbly, dirt-y lands of New Mexico.



A church or schoolhouse or something. Now available to squatters and other illegal tenants.






Scenery of some mountains outside of Albuquerque

0 comments: