Tuesday, June 17, 2008

beachy keen, jolly green


I finally went to visit the beach last week! Florence, a coastal town, is about an hour and a half west of Eugene. Luna and I headed west for what I hoped would be a sunny day on the beach.

Well, I got half of that right. It was a day on the beach, but it was not very sunny. I knew it would be cooler up here on the NW coast, but I didn't expect turbulent winds and overcast skies. The only people out there were either wearing a full on parka or a wetsuit while windsurfing. Luckily I wore jeans and had taken a pullover (of course!). It was still enjoyable. Luna hopped around in the sand dunes for awhile. It was almost like she was tossing up sand with her paws then pounding on it once it fell to the ground. It was fun day with an extremely pleasant drive out there, and it was nice to get out and enjoy the day.










A windblown Luna ponders the universe.















A squirrel camoflauged in the rocks.







Trying to smile and not get sand in my eyes!







The beach!





All in all it was a great day. I've still got to get my National and State park pass, so I can go see all sorts of places. I'm waiting for it to warm up a bit before I go to Crater Lake and other places. I foresee another trip to the beach though, perhaps to Newport to go shopping!

0 comments: