Friday, June 20, 2008

Foodie

Yesterday I made two of the most delicious meals ever. The first I made with some leftover hamburger meat that I saved from when I made tacos last Friday. It was a lot more than I anticipated, and I didn't have a hamburger bun (just bread), but it was still delicious. I just rolled it up and flattened the pattya little bit. I watched a show about hamburgers, and it said to just let it cook and not to squeeze down it or the juices would all come out.

So I threw the patty on a hot pan, covered it with a lid, and let heat run its course. About when it was close to being done I sprinkled some cheese I had bought for tacos on it and added a slice of monterrey jack cheese. Despite the fact I was forced to eat it on bread, it was one of the best hamburgers I'd EVER had.

For dinner I had planned to make some chicken kabobs. These were SO delicious I'm going to tell you the recipe as best I can (I don't use measuring devices, so bear with me)

Veggies:
1 onion
I used a packaged of red and orange sweet bell peppers

Marinade:

1 Tbsp of minced garlic
1 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 tsp of cayanne pepper
1/2 tsp of chili powder
1/4 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of pepper
2 Tbsp of olive oil
stir ingredients together

after cutting the vegetables up in your desired size and shape, place in tupperware container and stir in marinade. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours.

Chicken:
2 large chicken breasts

Chicken marinade:
I used Newman's Own Roasted Garlic and Parmesan salad dressing
Chili Powder
Cayanne Pepper
Pepper
Salt

3 Tbsp of salad dressing
1/2 tsp of chili powder
1/2 tsp of cayanne pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp of pepper
(feel free to add some lemon juice..I just didn't have any handy)
mix well

Cut into small (2x2 in) pieces. After you've cut up one breast, place the pieces in a tupperware container and pour half of marinade over it. Then place the rest of the chicken pieces in the container and pour the rest of the marinade over it. It would be helpful if you could either stir and handle the chicken to make sure each piece is properly coated. Cover container and shake gently. Refrigerate at least 8 hours.

I then used an outdoor grill. This should make at least 10 skewers worth.

1 comments:

Ruth said...

did you share with your roommates?! I hope they like cinnamon....