Monday, August 11, 2008

Charla Charla

I love speaking Spanish, and I love most things Latino. The music, the food, the richness of culture..all of it really appeals to me. When I moved up to Eugene and was looking for activities I enjoy as well as people to do them with (book clubs, dog groups, etc.), my good friend Abbie suggested looking at http://www.meetup.com/ for a group.


I found several groups I was interested in, but never actually participated or attended the events. UNTIL I found a Spanish Speakers group that meets up for "charlas" or chats. I went this past Sunday and took chicken fajitas (ok..texmex, whatever). We dined on an array of hispanic food, talked in English and Spanish, and made plans for future meetups.


I'm really glad I went. It was a pretty diverse group of people, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.


1 comments:

Ruth said...

Looks like you had some Sangria, too! How fun! What a great idea!