Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Greatest American Dog

Lately I have been watching some pretty awful television. My favorite guilty pleasure as of late is definitely "Gossip Girl".



I have also been shocked to find myself watching One Tree Hill, QVC (no joke!), and Big Brother. But my FAVORITE new show is Great American Dog. It's this show where dog owners and their dogs all live in a house together (ala Big Brother...or Real World). They must compete in obstacle courses and activities that test their ability to train their dogs to new skills and tricks. After a judging process, a pair is elected off. The last ones barking (ha!) win $250,000.

I have a difficult time choosing my favorite cast members, but I've settled on two!

Travis and Presley (mostly cause of Travis's good looks and Presley's cute boxer attitude)
and

Laurie and Andrew! Andrew's sweetness is infectious.


I don't like how on the show the dogs are encouraged by their owners to do something that scares them, makes them uneasy, or or just isn't really natural for a dog to do. Having SAID that though, it has revitalized my hope of training Luna to be the "greatest American dog." I've got her off leash trained. She rarely howls now. Tonight we worked on sit, stay and lay (with *some* success).

Maybe next season you'll see my sweet little Beagle and myself on the show!

1 comments:

Shannon said...

What channel is this on??