Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Pulling a Brooke

Sometimes I pull stunts that "only Brooke would do." Liiiiikkkeee...throwing away my driver's license last weekend when I cleaned out my car.

Last night was no different. I gave myself a pedicure with hopes of painting my nails some awesome, flashy color. While at Rite Aid, I stared at the black "night" nail polish daring myself to be edgy and cool. Instead I got light pink. But this is not the point of the story.

I went looking for nail clippers, and I opened up my little box of odds and ends and delighted found these little incense coals with powdered incense my mom had gotten me.

I eagerly poured the incense onto the coal, grabbed a lighter, and lit the powder. It smoked and created a little ember. Then the coal started zapping with electricity....or something! Little orange veins of fire started popping up all over the thing, and I felt my fingers start to burn.

Terrified I chunked the coal into my sink and turned the water on. Half of it disintegrated into a thin, black powdery liquid. The rest lay waiting. Smoking.

Not knowing what this thing would do if it went down the drain whole (there's no stopper in the sink), I got under the sink digging around for a stopper and found it. I plugged up the sink and filled it up with water.

I went to push the stopper out with the little device you normally would use.

Nothing. I had a sink full of black water and a potentially lethal powder, and it wasn't going anywhere. Panicking, I got a cup and started taking water from the sink and throwing it into the tub, leaving dark black streak marks all over the place.

sigh.

The plus side is, I found at Rite Aid!!

1 comments:

Diane said...

I seem to remember your Dad using the "pulling a Brooke" phrase at times-----memories!

Sorry about the ignited incense---since I bought it at Marie Laveau's House of Voodoo....it must be some powerful stuff! Hope all ended well for you, the sink, and the tub.

Love you!