Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Dance Party

Some of my friends and I keep talking about going to 80's night at a local club on Thursday nights. Apparently the DJ will play any song you request, and it's great dancing fun.

But if it's dancing they're looking for, perhaps I should just invite them over to my house at about 11:30 pm each night. That's when my room becomes a discoteque. Because that's when my neighbors decide to put on their best 70's pop vinyls and do.....whatever it is they do. Last night I was sung to sleep with songs like "Jungle Love" and "Dream Weaver." Tonight they seem to be focusing on Queen.

I actually don't mind it. Not only is it comforting, to have that noise and liveliness next door (although I'm sure if I were abducted, they couldn't hear me screaming), but it makes me feel warm inside. The music brings familiar sounds, feelings, and emanates a warm color that makes me feel cozy and relaxed. And considering that I can fall asleep despite almost anything, it poses no trouble in that way.

I don't know what it is they do while listening to the music, and frankly I could go the rest of my life without knowing or caring. All I say is bring on the REO Speedwagon and ABBA, because lord knows a life needs a little music.

Also, I suppose it's a fair trade for Luna's ferocious and intimidating howls at the passersby.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe their house is being bugged by the CIA, so they have to turn up the music really loud to talk about their intrigues without being heard.