Saturday, September 13, 2008

A Gift Comes in the Mail

Today I was feeling especially distressed. Two weeks ago I didn't receive my paycheck on the normal date, because the post office gave me the wrong zip code for my PO Box, which I then told my company.

Then on this past Friday, I didn't get my check either. Today as I waited by the mailbox for my paycheck, I realized I had given my company the wrong new address. The street number is 791, but what with my dyscalculia, I had gotten the numbers mixed up!

I was quickly concerned about, not only getting my paycheck, but, that I had given EVERYONE (all papers I signed, etc.) the wrong address. As I was reading The Handmaid's Tale for my book club, I heard the postmas leaving a package at the back doorstep.

I went out to retrieve the package, which I figured was surely for my roommate or the girl renting the studio next door. Imagine my delighted surprise to see MY name written on the package in my dear friend Sarah's handwriting.

When I opened the package, I was elated to see a satchel with an owl made of patches and embroidered onto the bag!!! I LOVE owls, and my previous satchel promoting Dallas singer/songwriter Sarah Jaffe had several holes and looked like I had thrown it in a mud pit.

So THANK YOU Sarah! I LOVE the new bag.

1 comments:

ellyodd said...

If you ever want to talk to other dyscalculics, go to http://www.dyscalculiaforum.com :)