Friday, September 5, 2008

Where Has All The Ire Gone? Long Time, No See...


When I lived in DFW, I was an angry person. I attribute about 85% of my stress, anger and beligerence to my job. The rest was just typical stress. Ill father, drama-rama, and discontent with where my life arrow was pointing.


Commercials would send me on a five minute rampage arguing with thin air. People driving slowly on the highway would move me to growl loud gutteral noises I'm quite positive only gorillas make. I could only find peace and harmony in the sound of vodka dripping over ice and the slurrrp of it going up my straw.


But after moving here, despite any small problems and stresses I may have, life is good. I'm not angry. I'm not bitter. I can let stuff roll of my back much easier. In fact, just yesterday as I was driving in a roundabout intersection, I almost hit a passenger who was hiding indecisively behind a tree. As I drove by her, I smiled, as if to say "It happens.." Her response? A peace sign.


Admittedly, part of me misses the ability to go on tirades. I sorta miss NEEDING a cigarette, if only to think about the embers sizzling in someone's eyeball. I actually LIKE some commercials (the "milky minutes" one is hilarious to me for some reason).


But I gotta say... I wouldn't trade this serenity for comedic ire any day.

0 comments: