Friday, September 26, 2008

If I Had a Golden Ticket

Prior to April of this year, I was very excited about Austin City Limits Music Festival. Three days of music, Shiner bock, sunshine, Austin sweat, grass stains, sunburn, and friends? Um, heaven does exist in Zilker park.

But when I decided to move to Oregon, I had to make certain sacrifices. Obviously, I am no longer amongst family and long-time close friends. Obviously, I gave up weeks of sunshine during Wintertime. But ACL was another sacrifice I had to make. Sure...I could've flown to Austin (at least $400 or so) and attended the festival (another $180), but I just don't have that kind of cash flow.

BUT IF I had a ticket to ACL..this is the schedule I would see! (Click on the links to go to their myspace and hear music!)

Friday:
Wake up, get some Austin's pizza, load up and head out..
2:30 - Vampire Weekend
4:30 - Gogol Bordello
5:30 - Hot Chip
8:30 - Manu Chao

Party time.

Saturday:
12:30 pm - Fleet Foxes
1:30 pm - Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings
2:30 pm - Jose Gonzalez
5:30 pm - MGMT
6:30 pm - Jon Fogerty
8:30 pm - The Black Keys

Party Time II.

Sunday:
12:30 pm - Abigail Washburn & the Sparrow Quartet with Bela Fleck
1:30 pm - The Kills
3:30 pm - Stars
4:30 pm - Neko Case

Salt Lick break, then head up to the front for
7:30 - Band of Horses


On another note, I had a delicious barbecue sandwich today. It was from this bbq stand across the street from Safeway that I've been to a couple of times, but it had been closed for some reasons. Turns out the guy that runs the stand was born in Denison, Texas (adjacent to Sherman, which is where I went to college).

I thought that was CRAZY!

I just got done watching the debate. It was a good debate.

1 comments:

Diane said...

Three cheers for Texas BBQ (in Eugene)!!! So cool that you and owner have a common link. I just told Cindy about your Oregonian BBQ & cream gravy issues.

I loved your vicarious three days at ACL. Did you see the little man selling his wares and orange creamsicle-colored vintage purses? Good grief! I just said vintage was the equivalent of the 70'S----what does that make me?